Terms and Conditions
The use of and access to the pages of this website are subject to the terms and conditions set out below. By using this website, you agree to accept these terms and conditions. If you do not agree, you are not authorised to use this website and you should exit the website immediately.
Intu Properties plc may modify these terms and conditions at any time and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting of the modified terms on the website. Accordingly your continued access or use of this website shall be deemed by your acceptance of the terms applicable from time to time. You should check these terms from time to time and each time you revisit this website.
These Terms and Conditions were last updated on 26th July 2012
1. Company information and enquiries and complaints
- This website is owned by Intu Properties plc and is hosted by allmedia.
- Intu Properties plc is a company registered in England and Wales, with a registered address of 40 Broadway, London, SW1H 0BU, registered number of 02893329 and a VAT registration number of 629690306.
- If you have any enquiries or complaints (about the website or someone else's use of the website) then please contact Metrocentre using the contact us web page, or address them to: Marketing Coordinator, Metrocentre Management, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE11 9YG
2. This Website
- This website is intended to be a source of useful and informative information relating to the activities of Intu Properties plc.
- Intu Properties plc shall use its reasonable endeavors to ensure that the information contained on the website is accurate and up to date.
- Intu Properties plc may make improvements or changes in the information, services, products, and other materials on this website, or terminate this website, at any time without notice.
In the course of your use of this website, you may provide to Intu Properties plc or Intu Properties plc may otherwise obtain, information about you. For example, when you submit an email form via the contact us web page of this website, we may need to know your name, e-mail address, mobile telephone number and home address details in order to contact you in relation to your query or to provide the information requested by you. This information may be used by us to catalogue your interests in certain goods or services and to keep you informed about news, offers and events if you have provided consent to be contacted.
By using this website, you expressly consent to Intu Properties plc using this information for the following purposes:
- For research into your particular areas of interest or activities on the website to enable us to offer you a more efficient service tailored to your needs.
- To enable us to bring to your attention certain goods or services offered by Intu Properties plc or retailers which you may be interested in.
- To pass on to third party retailers or service providers in whose goods or services you may be interested.
- To assess the function and performance of this website.
- To assess the needs of our customers, to market products and services.
- To enter you into competitions that we run from time to time.
We may occasionally send you communications about products and services we feel may be of interest to you. This will only come from Intu Properties plc (or our agents) and only if you choose to receive to these offers. You can tell us not to contact you or share your information with a third party at any point. If at any future time you do not wish to continue to receive communications about products, services, news, offers and events then please submit an email form via the contact us web page or by writing to us c/o Marketing Coordinator, Metrocentre Management, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE11 9YG stating that you wish to opt out of this use of your data.
You are protected by law through the Data Protection Act 1998. Intu Properties plc and all retailers with access to your personal data are obliged to comply with this at all times. In particular you have a right to ask what information Intu Properties plc or a retailer holds about you and for a copy of that information to be made available to you.
In the case of Intu Properties plc, this can be done by using the contact us web page or by writing to us Marketing Coordinator, Metrocentre Management, Gateshead, Tyne and Wear, NE11 9YG
4. Your General Responsibilities and Acknowledgements
• You are responsible for the interpretation between your PC and the website. • You will not use the website in such a way as to corrupt data, insert or knowingly or recklessly transmit or distribute a virus or other form of message which may affect the performance or functionality of a computer system or hack into any computer system via the website. • You acknowledge that you can be held legally liable for what you say or do online. For example, you can be held accountable for defamatory comments, threats and statements that are illegal or fraudulent.
5. Intu Properties plc's Proprietary Rights
- This website provides information of a general nature and is designed for information purposes only and should not be relied upon without making other enquiries appropriate to the circumstances.
- You acknowledge that all intellectual property rights in the design of the website and the contents, selection and arrangement of all of the material which is available on this website ("the Material") belongs to Intu Properties plc.
- Intu Properties plc grants you a limited licence to access the Material from a single personal computer and to print a hard copy of such items of Material solely for your personal, non-commercial use provided that you leave all copyright, trade mark and other proprietary notices intact and that you agree not to copy, download, store in any medium, display, adapt, modify, manipulate, translate, distribute, transmit or re-transmit, transfer, sell, re-publish any such Material (including any software used in the creation of this website) or to create any derivative works based on any such Material for any purposes other than those noted above. No Material may be commercially exploited in any way, without the prior written permission of Intu Properties plc. Modification of any of Materials or use of the Materials for any of the above prohibited purposes will infringe Intu Properties plc's trade marks and other intellectual property rights.
6. Your Personal Information
7. Disclaimers and Limitation of Liability
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, Intu Properties plc disclaims all express and implied warranties with regard to the information, services, and materials contained on this website. All information, services, and materials are provided "as is" and "as available" without warranty of any kind including in relation to, the accuracy and completeness of the website's contents. Intu Properties plc further accepts no responsibility or liability for, and makes no warranties, that functions contained at this website will be uninterrupted or error-free or that defects will be corrected or that this website or the server that makes it available is free of any virus or other harmful elements. For your own safety you should take regular back-up copies of data and use the latest virus checking software and Intu Properties plc cannot accept any liability arising from your failure to do so. Note that some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusions of implied warranties so some or all of the above exclusions may not apply to you.
- This website contains links to other websites which are independent of Intu Properties plc and are maintained by third parties. Intu Properties plc is not responsible for the contents of any third party websites and shall not be liable for any damages or injury arising from the contents of such websites. Any links to other websites are provided as a convenience to you as a user of this website, and does not imply Intu Properties plc's endorsement of the linked websites or association with their operators. Any third party that wishes to establish links to this website should notify Intu Properties plc of their intention prior to doing so. Intu Properties plc reserves the right to deny permission for any such links to this website.
- Save as in respect of liability for death or personal injury arising out of negligence, fraud and for any other liability which may not by applicable law be excluded or limited, Intu Properties plc disclaims to the fullest extent permitted by law, (i) any liability for loss or damages arising out of or in connection with the use or of reliance placed on this website, any of its contents or any other website to which this website has links (ii) any liability for indirect or consequential loss or damages, (iii) any liability for loss of data, income, profit or opportunity, loss of or damage to property and any claims of third parties; in each case even if Intu Properties plc has been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage or if such loss or damage were reasonably foreseeable.
- If any court finds any provision of these terms to be void or unenforceable for any reason, then such provision shall be ineffective to the extent of the courts finding without affecting the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
- These terms represent the entire understanding and agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter herein and supersede any and all prior statements, understandings or agreements whether oral or in writing, except in relation to fraudulent misrepresentation.
- These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law. Any dispute under these terms shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts and, by using this website, you hereby submit to the jurisdiction of such courts for such purposes and waive any and all objections to jurisdiction or venue in such courts, provided that Intu Properties plc may apply to any court worldwide in order to protect or enforce its intellectual property rights.
Access to the website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond Intu Properties plc's control.
Intu Properties plc is making great efforts to ensure that all electronic information on this website is accessible to people with disabilities.
If you cannot fully access the information on a particular page, please use the contact us web page links on each page of this website to notify us. We will do our best to make the information available to you, possibly in an alternative format.
Sign up to win
If you join the Metrognome Kids Club by signing up via the touch screen desk you must agree to these terms and conditions:
1. (“Terms”). By entering the competition, all entrants will be deemed to have accepted these Terms, so please read these Terms carefully.
2. Competitions can only be entered by applicants who are residents of the UK aged 18 or over, excluding employees and contractors, agents and service providers of Intu Properties plc, Metrocentre Shopping Centre or any retailers at Metrocentre Shopping Centre, any family members of such employees or contractors and anyone professionally associated with this competition.
3. Only one entry per child. No purchase required.
4. By submitting your email address you agree to being contacted in the future by email by Metrocentre shopping centre. You can unsubscribe at any time using the link on future emails or by writing to: The Marketing Department, Centre Management Offices, Metrocentre, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE11 9YG
5. The prize winner will be drawn at random by a person selected by Metrocentre.
6. The prize winner(s) will be notified within 7 days of the end date of the competition.
8. The prize winner may be required to take part in some promotional activity as a condition of receiving the prize e.g. publicity photos. If you are required to take part in such promotional activity, you agree that we may (but are not obliged to) use your images and /or any footage in which you appear in our promotional campaigns, which may include press and magazine advertising, direct mail, outdoor advertising, transport advertising (such as buses), social media advertising (such as Face book and Twitter), in-centre advertising (such as floor graphics and banners), leaflets and flyers and on our website. You will not be entitled to receive payment for any such use by us of your image or footage in which you appear.
9. The decision of Metrocentre Shopping Centre is final and binding in all matters relating to this competition, and no correspondence will be entered into.
10. Prizes are subject to availability. The prize(s) will be as stated on http://www.metrocentre.uk.com.
11. Winner(s) must collect their prize(s) from Metrocentre Shopping Centre within 30 days of the closing date of the competition. There is no cash alternative in whole or in part for prizes.
12. Prizes are non-negotiable, non-refundable and non-transferable.
13. Prizes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions.
14. Information you provide to us on the entry form will be used to contact you for the purposes of the club. We will not pass on your information to any third parties.
16. We reserve the right to refuse to award prizes to anyone in breach of these Terms.
17. We reserve the right to: (i) award an alternative prize of equal or greater value; (ii) in exceptional circumstances, vary, amend or cancel this competition at any time on reasonable notice, including varying the closing date for the competition; (iii) cancel or refuse any individual’s entry to the competition if they are in breach of these Terms; and (iv) amend these Terms, in which case we will use reasonable efforts to notify such changes to entrants and potential entrants. Other than for fraudulent misrepresentation or death or personal injury arising from our negligence, we exclude, to the full extent permitted by law, all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense you may incur, whether direct or indirect and however caused, in connection with any Metrognome competitions or the prizes.
17. The promoter of this competition is The Metrocentre Partnership a company registered in England No. LP012102 (“we”, “us” or “our”).
18. Any queries in relation to this competition should be directed in writing to The Marketing Department, Centre Management Offices, Metrocentre, Gateshead, Tyne & Wear, NE11 9YG
19. These Terms and this competition are governed by English law and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.